The University of Stavanger (UiS) is a university located in Stavanger, Norway and established in 2005. It has about 9 000 students and 1200 administration, faculty and service staff. It is organised in three faculties, including two national centers of expertise and the Museum of Archaeology.
The university offers doctorates in Petroleum Technology, Offshore Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Special Needs Education, Literacy and Social Science (with specializations in Medicine and Health, Risk Management and Societal Safety, Management, Economics, Tourism, Sociology, Social Work and Culture & Society).
Faculty of Arts and Education
- Department of Education and Sports Science
- Department of Early Childhood Education
- Department of Cultural Studies and Languages
- Department of Music and Dance
- Centre for Behavioural Research
- National Centre for Reading Education and Research
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Department of Media, Culture and Social Sciences
- Department of Social Studies
- Department of Health Studies
- The Norwegian School of Hotel Management
- UiS Business School
Faculty of Science and Technology
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Department of Mathematics and Natural Science
- Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Materials Science
- Department of Industrial Economics, Risk Management and Planning
For more information about The University of Stavanger visit
For more Information about other Free Tuition Universities in Europe, visit
This pieces of information provided herein are based on research across the internet. Despite strong effort to avail you with accurate information, the university and authorities concern can alter, update, and remove information at any time so I suggest you always contact relevant authorities and individual institutions concerned for latest and more specific information. Therefore I shall not be held liable for misuse, misapplication and misinterpretation of information contained herein.